Thursday 11 March 2010

Alan Kitching



As i was looking through my research with my tutor he suggested I look at Alan Kitching as he explores some raw methods using type and colour. From looking at examples of his work he spans over a vast area of letter press to screen printing to graphic design and illustration. Its fantastic to see this style of design still heavily favored by an artist as the computer has unfortunately taken over old methods of creating print. I love the overlay of colours and general style that kitchen holds throughout his pieces.



I also found a huge article in eye magazine on Alan Kitching and an exhibition he is holding at St Bride Library which has unfortunately just finished. However i found out about a book exhibition which i plan to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment