Tuesday 16 November 2010

Stephen Fry - The Machine that Made Us.

For my dissertation I am looking into how technology is effecting the way we read. As part of this I have researched into the Gutenberg Press, which was the first ever instrument to allow print to be produced in volume, some 500 years ago. I came across this documentary by Stephen Fry called 'The Machine that Made Us' I think it's important to look at all different types of research not just books and articles. From actually being shown the way the press was made it's allowed me to really understand the logistics of how it works and where he got his inspiration to make it.
It's also been a refreshing change from reading and taking notes.


The Machine That Made Us (1/3)
Uploaded by xSilverPhinx. - Classic TV and last night's shows, online.
The Machine That Made Us (2/3)
Uploaded by xSilverPhinx. - Full seasons and entire episodes online.
The Machine That Made Us (3/3)
Uploaded by xSilverPhinx. - Full seasons and entire episodes online.

Source: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdtq64_the-machine-that-made-us-1-3_shortfilms

No comments:

Post a Comment